Fall Middle School Mindfulness Classes
Grades: 6th – 8th
Dates: Tuesdays, October 1 – 22, 2019
Time: 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Cost: $25/class or $90 for all 4
Location: Holistic Care Approach
Find on Google Maps
Mindfulness has been shown to help teens calm and reduce anxiety. This series of classes are designed to be taken sequentially to produce the best results. However, you may choose the classes that work for you.
- Week One: Tuesday, October 1, 2019
- Key Idea: Learn how your anchor breath helps calm you, just as an anchor holds a boat steady in a storm.
- Distinguish mindfulness vs mindlessness (autopilot)
- Develop mindful attention: non-judgment
- Experiment with mindful activities.eating and sensing
- Week Two: Tuesday, October 8, 2019
- Key idea: Thoughts are just thoughts.
- Understand the way the mind typically chatters- inner talk
- Understand the relationship between thoughts and feelings
- Investigate the effects of mind chatter on attention and performance
- To watch thoughts by observing them and letting them go
- Week Three: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
- Key Idea: Learn to surf the waves of your emotions
- To understand the role our emotions play in our sense of wellness, balance, and inner strength.
- To understand and experience the rising and falling of emotions.
- To learn to work with emotions mindfully.
- Week Four: Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- Key Idea: Attention to body, thoughts, and feelings is good stress reduction.
- To understand key concepts about stress and the body’s stress response.
- To integrate the knowledge about thoughts, feelings, and sensations with the stress process.
- To practice mindful movement.
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.