Middle School Mindfulness Classes
with Cheryl Blackington, M.Ed.
Grades: 6th – 8th
Dates: Tuesdays, March 5, 19, 26 and April 9, 16, 23, 30
Time: 6:45 – 7:45 pm
Cost: $25/class -or-
March Classes: $70
April Classes: $90
Special: All 7 Classes for only $140 if registered by February 25th
Location: TBA – See Website for Details
Each introductory mindfulness workshop is one hour long and is comprised of four parts: main ideas, mindfulness practices, movement, and closes with gratitude practices. While each class can be taken separately, it is most beneficial and impactful to take the entire series of classes. The workshops have been designed specifically for 6th-8th grade students.
- March 5: Introduction to Mindfulness: A User Manual for the Brain
- March 19: Working with Impulsive Actions and Developing Patience
- March 26: Mindfulness of Emotions
- April 9: Changing the Channel from Negativity Bias to Heartfulness
- April 16: Noticing our Thoughts: The Movie in our Minds
- April 23: Building Resilience and Inner Balance
- April 30: Working with Difficult Emotions: Anger
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.