Winter High School Mindfulness Classes
with Cheryl Blackington, M.Ed.
Grades: 9th – 12th
Dates: Tuesdays, February 4, 11, and 18, 2020
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 pm
Cost: $45/class – $40/class if registered by Jan 1, 2020
Location: Holistic Care Approach
Find on Google Maps
This series of classes was designed to reflect the needs of the high school student. They are designed to be taken sequentially to produce the best result. However, you may choose the class(es) that work for you.
- Class One: Tuesday, February 4 – Self-Esteem vs. Self-Compassion: Which is Better?
- Participate in activities which help us understand the difference between self-esteem and self-compassion
- Explore the costs of social comparison
- Deepen understanding and skills of using self-compassion
- The Cracked Pot – A Story
- Class Two: Tuesday, February 11 – Learning Practices to Get Through the Rough Patches
- Giving and Receiving Compassion Practice
- Building our ‘house’ – giving it a strong foundation
- Practicing Gratitude to increase wellbeing
- There is more right with me than wrong with me!
- Class Three: Tuesday, February 18 – Working With Strong Emotions
- The adolescent brain: Accelerator – YES! Brakes – not so much!
- Learn strategies to work with strong emotions- brain-based
- Working with anger
- Pratices to work with strong emotions
- Gratitude practice
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.