Mindful Self-Compassion for Beginners I
Date: Saturday, April 20, 2019
Time: 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: $75* per person
*$69 if registered by April 12th
Location: Holistic Care Approach
3368 Beltline Ct. NE, Grand Rapids, MI, 49525
Find on Google Maps
MSC4B I is for busy people who wonder if self-compassion could benefit them, but have been unable to commit to the 8-week class. This Workshop is an opportunity to learn some of the simple, proven techniques for integrating more self-care into your life.
Mindful Self-Compassion is the practice of befriending ourselves just the way we are. It teaches us to bring awareness to the moments of pain and heartache, to remember that we all have these feelings, and to treat ourselves with kindness and compassion even in the most difficult circumstances. Mindful Self-Compassion is a powerful tool for emotional resilience.
Based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable us to fully open to the present moment, safely meet our emotions, and feel connected to our world.
In peer-reviewed studies, Mindful Self-Compassion has been shown to significantly increase compassion for self and others as well as mindfulness and life satisfaction. It has also been shown to decrease depression, anxiety, and stress.
Some things you will learn:
- How to stop being so hard on yourself
- How to work with difficult emotions
- How to motivate yourself with encouragement rather than criticism
- A workbook including 7 guided Self-Compassion Meditations
- 28 Days of continued online support for your practice
- Price of Workshop may be applied as a discount toward the sale of any 8-week course within 12 months of Workshop
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, April 17th