Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction
Invite calm back into your life with this 8-week foundational course!
Originally developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School, it is now offered by medical centers and hospitals worldwide. MBSR has a proven track record in reducing pain, illness, and stress.
Scientific research for MBSR has consistently demonstrated:
- Reduced stress, anxiety, and depression
- Improved sleep, focus, and attention
- Reduced symptoms of chronic illness including: fibromyalgia, high blood pressure, heart disease, and cancer
- Improved ability to experience joy and contentment
- Improved confidence and self-acceptance
Classes are small and practice-focused. We explore the causes of stress and how stress affects the mind and body. Empowered with this information, students learn how to reduce these negative effects.