Mindfulness Tools for Therapists and Healthcare Professionals
Free One-Hour Workshop for Your Team
in the Greater Grand Rapids Area
Call or email to schedule a presentation 616.361.3660 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mindfulness is the practice of paying attention, in the present moment, without judgment. Self-Compassion is learning to be kind to yourself in the process. Mindfulness and Self-Compassion have been scientifically proven to be powerful ways to improve health and well-being.
Mindfulness is being used in healthcare settings as a complement to medical treatment. It is being used to enhance therapy and improve mental health. Schools are teaching it to improve focus and learning. Businesses have found that mindfulness improves creativity and reduces stress. The military is using it to improve resilience and lower incidences of PTSD. And it also works as a powerful tool to lessen the effects of a stressful day at work.
In this free one-hour workshop, you will learn what mindfulness is and the extensive research that supports it. You will have the opportunity to experience mindfulness and self-compassion practices and explore ways to bring it into your work. You will learn tools you can use to reduce the negative effects of stress in your own life.
Research has shown that people who practice mindfulness on a regular basis:
- Experience less stress, anxiety, and depression
- Have improved sleep, attention, and focus
- Are better able to manage the symptoms of chronic illness
- Are less reactive and more easily respond to difficulty
- Experience more joy and contentment
- Feel more confidence and self-accepting
We will explore:
- What mindfulness is and how it works
- The benefits of mindfulness
- The research and neuroscience that supports it
- 3-Minute Check-In Practice
- Soles of the Feet Practice
- Self-Compassion Break
- Effective strategies to reduce stress right in the moment